Sunday 1 July 2012

am relaxing in Roatan

Well folks we did it.
12 months of planning, researching and ignoring travel warnings from the Oz government has led all of the Marshall/ Coopers to this island in the Honduras.

The grand reunion took place in a coffee shop at Houston airport.

Here I am with my sisters Manda and Leesa and my brother in law Tony.

Preparing for the departure at the gate lounge.

All of the Marshall sibs..... My brother David.

Leesa and her beautiful daughters Alexia and Mia.

Myles is always a little camera shy.
The bride Mey and I as we listened to the briefing as we arrived at the resort.....
A horrific list of activities and early meeting times and training programmes and fish identification lectures.

Luckily that's a rum punch in my hand so I'd virtually blanked out by then

Lunch at the grown ups table.

Some island fun for the young at heart.

We've decided to pursue the time honoured tradition of trying every cocktail on the list.
I'm making notes and have instigated a rating system.

Here's cheers to this phase of our holiday and the culmination of months of anxious planning.

.

3 comments:

  1. You look soooo relaxed - or was that the result of the cocktails! It's not so cold here now - mornings cool - day time - lovely & warm! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that you've all arrived safely. Not sure that I like a holiday with briefings before you start. Reminds me of all that fire drill stuff at the ski lodge -- years ago when I still went skiing. We hear that a certain younger member of the party is already improving his swimming! Which sounds like fun even for those who aren't quite appreciating the cocktail round yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very interested in the cocktail rating- just love happy hour on tropical islands!

    ReplyDelete