Monday 8 July 2013

am proud of quilting friends

When we were in London (six weeks ago), we visited the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Every craftsperson has a visit here on their bucket list.... And with jolly good reason.

Here's Paul who clearly can't wait to get inside.


Apart from the collections of costumes and embroidery....

....... they serve a damn fine morning tea



Well; The Queensland Art Gallery in Brisbane is currently hosting a collection of historical quilts from the Victoria and Albert.

No photos of that collection are allowed, but I can show you a quilt made by friends of mine, which is now hanging in the Gallery accompanying the visiting quilts.



So proud!
.... and yes I had been shopping in the bookshop.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't think my full name would be there:).
    Lots of fun making this quilt. I sewed the lace work - raw edge applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic- and to think I missed seeing it on Sunday! Will go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked closely at the sign and notice that it has year of birth also :(.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing it all on Saturday - such clever girls!

    ReplyDelete