Monday 1 May 2023

show you what I exhibited at The Old Schoolhouse Gallery at Cleveland.


My textile group 'Broadstrokes' had an exhibition at The Old Schoolhouse Gallery in Cleveland throughout March this year.
Broadstrokes have been working together for over 10 years & have exhibited individually and collectively for many of those years.
To find out more about the members, please enjoy the Broadstrokes blog linked on this page.


This Postcard Flyer created by one of ours. An image snippet of one of my pieces seen here.


This Smock was made for the Broadstrokes Exhibition 'Inspired by Margaret Olley', exhibited at Warwick Regional Gallery in 2018. 
Inspired by Olley's use of flowers in her Still Life paintings, I sought to represent and name the many used in a bright Artist's Smock. This is the front for Happy Days.....


This is the reverse, collaged with more muted calming colourways for the days when a little serenity is needed.



In August 2018 I attended a 5 day live-in Workshop Class at a Chateau in France (near Toulouse) with the Ultra talented Textile Artist Sue Stone.
I started a series of 4 works which were mostly unfinished until the promise of the Exhibition at Cleveland. Nothing like a bit of incentive to hurry the process.


The series of Textile Art pieces, framed on canvases were to explore Ego and Self Image concepts using well know sayings to press the point.
I also wanted to use totems/ icons/ visual accents to assist the design and message process.


#1 What will I be when I grow up? Will I be valued at $10,000 a Day?



#1 Detail of Face.


#2 Green Eyed Monster


#2 Detail of Face


#3 You can never be Too Rich or Too Thin


#4 She was a Shadow of her Former Self


#4 Detail


Such a good feeling to have all 4 pieces completed and shown....
And the Exhibition was considered a success as well.























No comments:

Post a Comment