Saturday 25 August 2012

travelled back to the 1860s in Brisbane

Life is a whirl isn't it?
Last week Europe; this week backwards in time to the 1880s.



Like the veritable Doctor I acclimatised very quickly.
 I left my calling card at the front door.


I was served a civilised afternoon tea. The good china was out I can tell you.


A discussion was had regarding how many trunks and wine chests to take when travelling abroad. The answer of course is dependant on the number of staff acoompanying one.


I do prefer to leave my stuffed sleeve dog (it's a real thing;I googled it) at home though.


I inspected the linen cupboard.

 
then had to rejoin the 21st Century


Back in our yard there are recent developments.

 
.....and washing up isn't a chore at all, even though I have no servants in 2012.
 
 
Until next week......

No comments:

Post a Comment